Sundahl & Associates, Inc.
Guard Card Training
Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage, Indio, California
Desert Tactical provides guard card training in the Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage area. In order to work as a security officer/security guard, the applicant must obtain the guard card.
Easy Steps to Getting your Guard Card for $177.00
1. Bring $50.00 in cash/money order to the class. Please bring exact change. You must reserve a seat with the instructor or his associate at least 3-5 days in advance. If you reserve a seat and become a no call/no show, you will not be allowed to attend any of our classes for the next 2 years. Contact Lead Instructor, Shaun Sundahl, at 909-525-8925 (text messages are encouraged).
2. Attend our guard card course at the Kaplan College campus in Palm Springs:
2475 E. Tahquitz Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92231
(S/W corner of E. Tahquitz Canyon Way and S. Farrell Drive in the same parking lot of Jack in the Box)
Sundahl & Associates and SBB College/Kaplan College are two separate entities. SBB College/Kaplan College kindly allows us to use their classroom. Because of the reduced pricing and since SBB College Kaplan College is kind enough to use their training facilities, you will receive a brief presentation on the College's excellent Criminal Justice program.
Unless you are considering enrolling in one of the many programs offered by SBB College/Kaplan College, please do not disturb anyone from the campus. None of the SBB College/Kaplan College employees will be able to help you with any of your questions.
There is a dress code. Please dress business casual. No tank tops allowed. Failure to abide by the dress code may result in your removal from the couse.
3. Get fingerprinted in Cathedral City. Pay the fingerprint operator $76.00.
4. Click here to complete the guard card application online (quickest way to get the guard card). You will pay the state a $51.00 license fee.
5. Wait 4-6 weeks for your name to post on the BSIS website. Print your name. This is your temporary copy of your guard card. Now you can work as an unarmed security guard. Wait 1-2 weeks and BSIS will mail you the hard copy. The hard copy replaces the temporary copy.
How much will everything cost?
There are no hidden fees. Everything will cost no more than $172.00. The term “everything,” means the guard card license fee, fingerprinting fees, license fees, and classroom fees are included.
I don’t have a credit card or don’t feel comfortable paying online, what can I do? The system we use to collect credit card payments is through PayPal. PayPal guarantees your payment to us will be safe. If you’re still not convinced, that’s okay. Please send a $45.00 money order or cashier’s check to: Sundahl & Associates
4195 Chino Hills Pkwy #76
Chino Hills, CA 91709
Can I pay the day of the course? Yes, however if you make reservations and do not cancel within 48 hours of the course, you will not be welcomed at future courses.
Is seating limited?
Yes! We only have 20-30 seats available per class. Rendering a timely payment reserves your seat.
It depends. The state will use its discretion with issuing you a guard card. The state does not release the criteria for those who have a criminal record.
In most cases the state will deny your application for the guard card:
1. If you are on probation or parole, or
2. Have been convicted of a felony in the past 7 years or,
3. Have certain misdemeanors within the past 3-5 years,
*Note that misdemeanors are on a case-by-case basis, but it appears felonies will not be considered. If the state denies your application, we do not refund any fees.
What do I need to bring the day of the class?
2. Pen or Pencil.
3. Paper for note taking.
Do you provide job placement?
No. Our company is geared strictly for job training. Please do not ask about job placement. Promising an unqualified person a job when that person won't get hired is false advertisement. And plus, why would you want to work for an organization that hires anyone with a heart beat?
Do you have any classes sooner than the one scheduled?
You may contact the instructor, Shaun Sundahl, 24/7 via text message or phone call at (909) 525-8925, if you have any further questions. Text messages are always encouraged.
Desert Tactical, reserves the right to cancel the course anytime due to low enrollment. Attendees will be contacted within 2 days if this occurs.
We thank you for allowing us to present our guard card, powers of arrest training and classes in the areas of Palm Springs, Indio, Desert Hot Springs, Cathederal City, and Coachella Valley.
ATTENTION! WE ONLY PROVIDE TRAINING TO COLLEGES, BUSINESSES, OR FOR THOSE WHO HAVE GATHERED A GROUP OF 6 OR MORE. IF YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL, WE CANNOT PROVIDE YOU TRAINING UNLESS IT IS ON A DATE LISTED BELOW. THE NEXT CLASS DATE WILL BE SOMETIME IN SEPTEMBER 2015. PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF WE WILL HAVE A CLASS BEFORE THEN.
When is the guard card course?
THURSDAY, APRIL 23, 2015 at 2:15 p.m. at the Kaplan College campus in Palm Springs. A Kaplan campus recruiter may speak to the class very briefly.
*Late arrivals will not be permitted*
We also have an online guard card version available. After the student pays, the student is emailed a username and password. Afterwards, the student has three days to complete the course.
Click here if you are interested in our online course!
"Real Instructors with REAL experience."
4195 Chino Hills Pkwy #76
Chino Hills, CA 91709
You may call the lead instructor, Shaun Sundahl on his cell phone at (909) 525-8925. The next class will be sometime in September 2015. We will not have any classes before then so please do not ask UNLESS you are a business or college representative. Because the instructor is usually on the road, please leave a voice mail or text message. Due to the high volume of calls, please read everything on this webpage before contacting the instructor. Most questions can be answered by reading this webpage.
About the Course
Power to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destruction
Course Overview: The Power to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destruction Course consists of a total of 8 hours of training in both of the following subjects:
Power to Arrest
Objective: To familiarize and instruct the individual on the training topics delineated at Business and Professions Code section 7583.7, including, without limitation, legal aspects, techniques, liability, and company requirements relating to the arrest of an individual. The training will utilize the Department of Consumer Affairs' Power to Arrest Training Manual and may include lecture, discussion, exercises and role-playing.
1.Overview of Power to Arrest Manual and subject matter.
2. Definition of arrest and discussion on the implications to the subject, the guard and the company.
3. Lecture/discussion on escalation and de-escalation techniques in the use of force.
4. Lecture/discussion in the use of restraint techniques and their implications.
5. Discussion of trespass laws and implications of enforcement.
6. Completion of the Power to Arrest Training Manual Test with 100% score in accordance with the Manual's Administering Instructions.
Weapons of Mass Destruction & Terrorism Awareness
Objective: To familiarize and instruct the individual on the subject matter and observation skills required to identify and report precursor activities to a terrorist event, react appropriately, report the occurrence of a terrorist event, and remain safe while helping control the scene after a terrorist event.
1. Introduction and overview of the training.
2. The Role of a Security Officer.
3. The Nature of Terrorism.
4. Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD).
5. Coordinating and Sharing of Critical Information.